Michael Gove tells industry to prepare for Strict Border Policy

Cabinet Minister Michael Gove has told the logistics industry to prepare for stricter border controls from January 1 2021 when the post-Brexit transition period ends and the UK leaves the EU customs union and single market. Gove admitted that a new ‘smart’ border to cut post-Brexit trade friction with the EU will not be ready …

Michael Gove tells industry to prepare for Strict Border Policy Read More »

customs academy courses approval

UK Customs Academy courses going down well with students

The UK Customs Academy’s comprehensive range of training courses for Customs professionals in the UK are going down extremely well with students, according to an ongoing feedback survey. When asked whether they agreed with the statement, “The course objectives were met”, 73% strongly agreed and the remaining 27% agreed. In response to the statement, “Following …

UK Customs Academy courses going down well with students Read More »

lucy masters - co-op

Student Interview: Lucy Masters

We interviewed Lucy Masters, the Imports & Exports Compliance Manager at the Co-op, about her career in Customs and her experience studying with the Academy. This interview originally appeared in the Winter 19 edition of World Trade Matters – the quarterly journal from the Institute of Export & International Trade. What sort of work do …

Student Interview: Lucy Masters Read More »

Customs testimonial - lisa meikle

Student Interview: Lisa Meikle

Lisa works as a Customs & Logistics Clerk for a shipping and forwarding company called W Knight Watson & Co Ltd. This interview first appeared in the Winter 2019 edition of World Trade Matters – the quarterly journal from the Institute of Export & International Trade. Which course did you take with the Customs Academy? I …

Student Interview: Lisa Meikle Read More »

international customs day 2020

Customs professionals have a role to play in ‘fostering Sustainability for People, Prosperity and the Planet’

International Customs Day is an annual celebration of the role Customs plays in facilitating global trade and therefore the global economy. Falling on January 26th this year, the 2020 slogan chosen by the World Customs Organisation to mark the celebration is ‘Customs fostering Sustainability for People, Prosperity and the Planet’. With the Climate Emergency rising …

Customs professionals have a role to play in ‘fostering Sustainability for People, Prosperity and the Planet’ Read More »

Interview with Lars Karlsson, CEO & MD KGH Global Consulting

For the Autumn 2019 edition of the quarterly member journal ‘World Trade Matters’, William Barns-Graham, the Senior Content Editor at the Institute of Export & International Trade, spoke with Lars Karlsson, CEO & MD at KGH Global Consulting, about why the UK Customs Academy is such an important initiative and why we need more people …

Interview with Lars Karlsson, CEO & MD KGH Global Consulting Read More »

Brexit and origin: a case for the wider use of cross-cumulation

Written by Dr Anna Jerzewska – Customs and Trade Consultant As the UK negotiates its exit from the EU, rules of origin are becoming a key topic. How will the exit from the customs union impact the current production patterns in Europe in industries where hundreds of parts move across national borders every day? How …

Brexit and origin: a case for the wider use of cross-cumulation Read More »

WP Feedback

Dive straight into the feedback!
Login below and you can start commenting using your own user instantly

Scroll to Top